Congratulations! you have reached the end of the workshop. We covered a lot of ground learning how to apply EC2 Spot best practices such as diversification, as
well as the use of capacity providers.
In the session, we have:
- Deployed a CloudFormation Stack that prepared our environment, including our VPC and a Cloud9 environment.
- Created and configured an ECS cluster from the scratch.
- Created Auto Scaling Groups and Capacity Providers associated with them for OnDemand and Spot instances, and applied EC2 Spot Diversification srategies.
- Configured a Capacity provider strategy that mixes OnDemand and Spot
- Learned how ECS Cluster Scaling works with Capacity Providers
- Deployed Services both on Fargate Capacity Providers and EC2 Capacity providers
EC2 Spot Savings
There is one more thing that we’ve accomplished!
- Log into the EC2 Spot Request page in the Console.
- Click on the Savings Summary button.
We have achieved a significant cost saving over On-Demand prices that we can apply in a controlled way and at scale. We hope this savings will help you try new experiments or build other cool projects. Now Go Build !